Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Place

I honestly thought I'd be 60 before I'd come in FIRST (in my age division) but on Saturday, Mike & I both ran in the Judges run for more info go to: http://judgesrun.com/ (the proceeds were for breast cancer research). We got up at around 6:15 a.m. and were at Highland High School by 7...we parked near the finish line, which was around 3/4 a mile away and walked back to the high school...then ran around the perimeter of Sugar House Park, back to the high school, up 2100 South, north at 1500 East and over to 1700 South for our 5 k. Mike with his amazing long legs actually finished a little over 5 minutes faster than me. He finished 3rd for his age group... but imagine my delight when I saw that my name was in first place ! We had two funerals to attend that same day but this was one awards ceremony I wasn't going to miss. (One of my children asked if I was the only one in my age group...no, I finished faster than 7 other women my age, I was the 88th finisher but Mike finished 41st! He's really amazing and so cute!).
I really love that women my age don't run as fast as the men do...and I'm okay with that fact.

5 comments:

  1. You're amazing mom!!! I'm impressed with this running of yours. When are you going to do a half marathon (or full) with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not crazy...maybe a 10k for the Rex Lee run...that will be my max...once I can run the 5k quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Aunt Joy! You might be inspiring me to start running.....we'll see what happens....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, were you blogging at work? I'm shocked! Seriously though, I'm proud of you -- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Aunt Joy! You're an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete