Friday, August 28, 2009

Kent - Baby Quilt - 10 k


Last Thursday, Kent married Amber. It was the shortest wedding I've ever been to. The wedding party was lovely the flower girls adorable & the cake that Jill made was amazing. We picked Amy up from the airport in just enough time that she was able to congratulate the adorable couple and hang out with her cousins.

Last Saturday, Amy ran in the 10k with me...she actually ran ahead of me. She also kept running backwards to make sure I was behind her & towards the end she linked arms with me so I could pick-up my stride to finish this race. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't of burned my leg on Thursday...but I was going to prove to myself that I could run over 6 miles. I felt really bad for holding her up. She could have had a much better time than 1 second ahead of me...but I'm grateful that she cared enough for me to help me achieve this goal. THANK YOU AMY!

THE QUILT


After the race we had a baby shower for Brittany. Thank you to all of you who e-mailed me advice for her "Parent tips" book. She loved the book & the tips were great. I even forwarded some onto Rob & Lorena. Here's a picture of the quilt I made for Brittany & Brian's baby boy.

3 comments:

  1. I am still in awe over that quilt! Thank you so much for spending who knows how long on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those quilts you made for Brittany and Lorena - so cute!! Looks like you had a fun weekend with everyone! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, i loved running the race with you...thanks for letting me do it. When can i come home again?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete