Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kirk & Bear World

KIRK actually let me take a few pictures of him...he's really grown-up into a fine, handsome young man. (When he was younger, he refused to let anyone take his picture).

Since it was a cooler August day, instead of water skiing with Sue & Garry in Island Park like we'd planned, we had a great time observing nature in a somewhat natural environment at Bear World. Kirk was our tour guide & our nephew, Jeff, came along for the adventure. Black & brown bears literally sat-up and begged for food...plus we helped feed deer, grizzlies, but honestly, the bears were the best!

On Sunday, Kirk talked in church and although he was nervous, he did a great job explaining the Church's background in Ghana. We love you Kirk! (I know you read this). He'll do great on his mission & I know all the Elders in other places will be jealous that he doesn't have to wear a suit coat & gets to wear sandals.

While there, Jeff told us mission stories about accidentally breaking ladders & bridges in Cambodia. Interesting foods he ate...I wonder what adventures Kirk will have?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love Kirk. Looks like you guys had fun, I'm jealous I wasn't there for either of their farewells, and you were at both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad I didn't get to say goodbye to you guys! I thought you were going to be there when we came back. Oops! It was fun seeing you guys again, and Jeff too! Thanks for the Winnie the Pooh book for Carter, he loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete