Sunday, December 20, 2009

The True Meaning of Christmas




Today, I got to act out the nativity story with the Sunbeam class (the 3-4 year olds) during Sharing Time. I was a shepherd (just in case you can't tell from my amazing costume). This was the first time I've done this since our children were little. I remember one Christmas we actually used Amy as the baby Jesus...only 24 years ago! It was fun and things like this help me remember what Christmas is all about. Can you guess which child's parent borrowed my camera to take pictures of his child?

I also thought a lot about our grandsons and how when I held these precious babies I thought how sweet, small and so tender they are and wondered what Mary thought as she held her first born son.

Mike and I also went visiting / home teaching to our families. The message was on service. This was a perfect reminder that by serving others, we are doing what Christ would want us to do.

2 comments:

  1. That made me smile. And kind of laugh. Actually, it mostly just made me laugh. You're funny. :) Can't wait to come home soon. Dang snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mom, you make one good looking shepherd. I love you, can't wait to see you tomorrow! As long as my flight complies! :)

    ReplyDelete