Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winter Airline Flights

Friday plans -
Leave work at 12:30 p.m. to fly to Richmond.
10 a.m. flight canceled
Worked all day - was really excited to only work 1/2 day...oh well!
5 p.m. Home alone
Saturday
8:38 a.m. my friend picks me up to take me to the airport.
9 a.m. checked my suitcase
10:30 a.m. up to the boarding gate with my boarding pass in hand and was told that I was not on this flight but was now to be routed thru Detroit. I asked about my bag and was told,
"Don't worry we'll get it off this flight, we have plenty of time...I was told that the airpost didn't want me to get stuck in an airport when my connecting flight was canceled."
1:30 p.m. boarded my flight to Detroit
6 p.m. arrived in Detroit
Connecting flight CANCELED!
Suitcase in Atlanta
Next flight into Richmond 7 a.m. Sunday morning.
Delta Agent takes an hour to fix my new schedule!
9 p.m. arrived at the Detroit Fairfied Inn
10 p.m. attempt to go to sleep
Sunday / 1:30 a.m. fell asleep some time after this hour.
5 a.m. time to get up
5:30 a.m. take the shuttle to the airport
6:30 a.m. board my flight to Cleveland, OH
8 a.m. arrived in Cleveland, OH
9 a.m. board plane for Richmond
10 a.m. arrive in Richmond - kiss Mike goodbye (he's on his way home)
So much for planning to spend the weekend together!
Bag still in Atlanta....it finally arrived in Richmond at 8:30 p.m.
I wonder when I'll really see my suitcase?
Any bets on that?

4 comments:

  1. Can you go to the airport and pick it up? I hate when weather affects flights. Sorry mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why we all need to live somewhere warm. Flights are never cancelled in the summer time. Winter ruins everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they will deliver your bag late Sunday night and that you will see it Monday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you and your bag are not together! that haptend to us when we were comming home from Oregon after Christmas the year Emily turned one! we got into PHX and found out our bags were not put on the plan in PDX, we had them fly our bags to Tucson, and then Brad went and pick them up.
    Yes and you do need to move some where warm, Az is nice in the winter time! love how the girls can go out and play and ride bikes now! in the summer it's way to hot in the summer.

    ReplyDelete