Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Breathtaking Saturday

Last Saturday, Mike and I ran a 10k at 10,000 feet above sea level all proceeds went to help the Sanpete Valley Hospital purchase health care equipment. We got up at 5 a .m. and left the house around 5:30 to drive south to Fairview and then into the mountains way above the city.

The views were amazing! We started above a beautiful lake and ended the run near a reservour where a mammoth was discovered in 1990.

The first part of the run was all uphill for at least 2 1/2 miles...extremely breathtaking! I believe at mile 2 1/2 I walked a few steps until I caught my breath. The best part was running downhill. I was never so glad to see a finish line in my life! Mike ran the whole way. He's so amazing. May I say that the optional activities were to go to a funeral or run with Mike in this race. I keep thinking that these runs will keep me alive and healthy longer.
Below is our one attempt at a photo using Mike's cell phone.

Photo note: do not shoot into the sun!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Mom...I don't know the last time I ran a 10k.

    ReplyDelete