Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Biking, Beach Baby Quilt

I Finally finished a baby quilt for our third grandchild. Here it is, my very own creation....
Lorena wanted a light blue, bright pink and brown color scheme. So, my latest creation has: sand dollars in the corners and a fish border.  Plus.....


... A bike (in honor of Lorena) and a surfboard (for Rob), a sand castle (for her Grandma), a light house and a little star fish (for her big brother). 
Just so you know, the quilt is even sized, it was really hard to photograph!  I seriously don't know how people enjoy piecing blocks together. 
I've decided that I like creating mural-style quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious mother, you never cease to amaze me with the things you come up with. I sure hope you have the energy to make all of your grand kids such personalized quilts. Otherwise, some are gong to feel very left out.

    Nice job, mom, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I am impressed! You definitely have an amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. from Lorena: Love it! Your work is so impressive, beautiful, and personal. I can't wait to see it in person when it gets here. Ella is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That might be the cutest quilt I have ever seen and I'm kind of jealous I don't get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out so cute Aunt Joy!! Good Job:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO amazing, I Want 3! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're amazingly talented Aunt Joy! I know I've told you that a million times, but you're always doing something so creative! This quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete