Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby Quilt #5


It's a miracle, my next baby quilt is finished!  Amy started this quilt maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  When she & John came home the end of September, she threw it on my kitchen table and announced that I had until May to get it finished.  YES, that is how she announced that she was pregnant.
It feels so good to have reached my next goal & earlier than I ever would have imagined.  After finishing Brittany's quilt Saturday morning, I started machine quilting this one that evening and by 11:30 p.m. the quilting was finished. 

I just love machine quilting...it's so much faster!

Last night I finished binding the quilt. 
My favorite part of this quilt is the duck's wings, they are dimensional and not sewn down so the wings can flap.  PLUS...this quilt is so snuggly warm. 
I hope my next grandchild will love it. 
No, it's not an original but if you're interested, here's the link to this designer's patterns:  http://thimble-art.com/ 
They are pretty cute but I think the fabrics Amy & I selected are cuter than the ones the designer used. Just my opinion.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Mom, I LOVE it!!! I didn't realize you had finished it already! Oh, I can't wait for May to get here so I can snuggle my little guy in that all the day long...well, maybe I'll have to wait until December to do that so I don't fry the poor little guy, but either way, THANK YOU, it looks perfect! You're the best, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it is so cute and I will have a new granddaughter come June, so maybe I will copy this one.

    ReplyDelete