Saturday, January 7, 2012

Words Baby Quilt

Here is a photo of another original quilt I just finished for our next grandchild.  I started this quilt quite a while ago and when Brittany learned that she was having a girl, well...it was time to get busy & finish this project.  I wanted the quilt to be soft & warm so the back and the letters are fleece but I also wanted to use a lot of words on the quilt. 

 It's never too early to teach a child the beauty of words or to read...RIGHT?
I found the quote...


"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."

— Emilie Buchwald. 

I love how the quote ties the idea for this quilt together. 
The hand quilting has taken forever to complete.

NEXT...Start watching for a photo of Amy's adorable duck quilt for grandchild #5 which needs to be completed by May.  (Amy started this quilt back in her BYU Idaho college days & I get to finish it.  Seriously, it's adorable.)

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for that blanket to be done, I think I'll snuggle with it until my little man get's here.

    Also, I like how Britt's quit turned out, it's really cute.

    Nice job mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Mom! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete