Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ouch!

Late last night, I was sewing a new quilt design & accidentally got my finger too close to the needle & the needle went through my finger, I jerked my hand, saw it bleeding, quickly washed my finger, went back to finishing what I'd started & noticed that part of the sewing machine needle was missing.  After looking on my work table, I decided it must still be in my finger. I couldn't see it to get it out so today after teaching our Sunbeam class, Mike took me to Insta-care and after a 2 hour visit with them, a tetanus shot, an x-ray to prove my theory, (that the needle tip was still in my finger) and two numbing shots into the finger, plus two more numbing shots (one on each side of my finger), the good doctor finally got that annoying thing out.  I admit, it hurt, my finger was turning colors  & now I have a cute thing on my finger that makes it hard to type....OUCH, ouch, OUCH!
Mike has been so good to wait on me today, it's amazing how one finger out of commission, makes it so hard to do things.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I feel so bad. Who knew your crafts could be so dangerous! Be careful mother! Wish I was there to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mom. Be careful and take it easy. I wish I was there to help you. Love you tons!

      Delete
  2. This makes me sad, but I'm glad you were in good spirits about it. Maybe you should take a break from sewing for awhile, huh? Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive done that also! I have the print out of my hand and it is so cool looking! I hope you feel better! love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so bad that our favorite Sister Joy had this happen. Seriously, I am going to bring dinner over. Would five thirty or six be okay?
    Don't worry I won't make cornbread for Brother Mike. he he he

    Megan Sadowski

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, ouch!!! I sewed through my finger once, and then had to pull the broken off needle out of my finger with my teeth (that was the only thing I had that could pull at that time) My finger throbbed for days, and it was terrible! I am so glad Mike is taking such good care of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ewwwwww...I can take all sorts of battle wounds but needles seriously creep me out. Glad the docs got it out for you. And you still taught your sunbeam class first before getting it out???! Dedicated!

    ReplyDelete