Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Cold Cold Winter


I cannot remember a winter this cold or one where the snow hasn't melted between storms.  It started snowing again on Friday, nice huge flakes at the mouth of the canyon & then we had snow flurries off and on all day Saturday.  Mike & I got our 3 mile runs in right after we Skyped with Rob's family when it was only snowing lightly and the day's high was around 29 degrees.  Sounds like a lot of fun, right?  It was snowing this morning too. I'm getting a little tired of this.
Reports state that the coldest winter on record was in 1949.  Really, really glad I didn't live her that year.  I'm also grateful I don't live in Logan either, that city has the coldest recorded temperatures in Utah.
Utah Cold Weather Facts - Snow and Winter Storms
  • The most snow ever recorded in one season in SLC was 117.3 inches in 1951-52
  • The average amount of snow is 64.5 inches 
  • The least amount of snow in a season was 16.6 inches in 1933-34
  • The coldest day in Utah was -69F in Peter Sinks Utah on Feb 1, 1985. The coldest day in Salt Lake was -30 on Feb 9th, 1933
  • There is a 40% chance of 1 inch or more snow on Christmas! And a 60% chance of a trace!         SOURCE: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=341&sid=148094
Snow go away until next winter - PLEASE!

3 comments: