Monday, May 13, 2013

Play All Day

DISCLOSURE: This photo is from Mike's cell phone, it's the best of the three he took on Saturday while we spent time with two of our grandchildren.

We picked Michael & Ella up from their other grandparent's house, took them to Michael's favorite park.  After about 2 1/2 hours at the park, we took them home for lunch and then nap time. 

After their naps, we promised them a trip to the aquarium. Yes, this is those two darling children at the aquarium. This photo makes them look sunburned but I promise, it was just the lights. They loved the fish, penguins, jelly fish & the river otters.  I even fixed Ella's hair for this outing...she doesn't like her hair fixed. Maybe she didn't realize that I was fixing her hair but once she looked in a mirror at the aquarium & saw something in her hair, she matter-of-factually stated, "I DON'T LIKE THAT!" and proceeded to pull & tug until she ripped the rubber band and ribbons out of her hair. 

This was our first grandchildren sleep over without their parents.  The kids did great and I was exhausted & asleep by 9:30 p.m.!  It was fun having little ones to snuggle with on Mother's day. Amy & Preston arrived yesterday afternoon which meant one more grandchild to snuggle with which simply made my day!

Oh, I love airplanes that bring my little ones to their grandparent's house.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ella's hair looks so cute there. Did Rob teach her not to like bows and whatnot? I can only imagine.

    I'm glad you get to have some grandkids to spend time with, only sorry we're not there too.

    ReplyDelete