Sunday, August 18, 2013

A, B, C's of Books & Reading

My book club meets at my house in 11 days and I've been madly reading to find a great book to share with my group for September.  While searching, I  found the following A, B, C's of Books ..... my answers are in blue.
Author you've read the most books from:  Dr. Seuss 
Best book ever:  Unbroken
Currently reading: Heart of a Samurai
Drink of choice while reading:  water
E-reader or Physical Book?  physical book
Favorite  Fictional book:  Little Women
Genre of books you enjoy most:  historical fiction
Historical fiction favorite book:  Hotel on Corner of Bitter and Sweet  or 

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Important moment in your reading life:  
 I took a children's literature class in college & joined a book club
Just finished reading:  The Lifeboat
Kind of books you collect: Pop-up
Longest book you've read:  John Adams by David McCullough
My book pet peeve:  spelling errors & bad grammar
Never finished reading:  The Thrall's Tale -  it was horrible! 
One book you have read multiple times:  The Book of Mormon
Preferred place to read:  The Beach
Quote from a book that inspired you: 
 “Be comforted, dear soul! There is always light behind the clouds.”  "Little Women"
Reading regret:  didn't read more when I was a child / teen
Series of books you enjoyed:  Flavia
Three of your favorite books:  Anne of Green Gables,  Tending Roses, Little Women
Unapologetic fan of this author:  Steven Kellogg
Very excited for this release:  Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
Worth reading before you die:  Exodus
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf & pick book #2:  
Cannon Beach: A Place By the Sea
Your latest book purchase:  The Winter Sea
ZZZ-book (last book that kept you up WAY too late):

Frozen in Time: An Epic Story of Survival and a Modern Quest for Lost Heroes of World War II (A really interesting book.)


I changed several of the questions and thought it'd be fun to see what you think about BOOKS & READING.  

In the comments, please share at least one of your answers to the above...or suggest a favorite book for my book club.  Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. The beach is also my preferred place to read a book. And also my preferred place for so many other things too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read, but I wish I LOVED to read...I like technology way too much. Maybe that will change one day. With that being said, I prefer a physical book over an e-book for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun abc questionnaire! I just read Good Night Moon to Aubree & Mike at Christmas time. He hadn't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike probably doesn't have little ones to read to. You'll need to give Aubree & Mike a copy so they can have fun reading it to a special little one.

      Delete