Friday, June 13, 2014

Bird Watching and Babies

The Sunday night before Amy had her baby, she and John took Preston for a walk.  It was quiet in their backyard and I sat on the nice covered swing that John had erected and did a little bird watching. I also snapped a few photos of this mother bird feeding her babies:
 


This nest was built on top of a metal box on the side of their home.

Not more than two days later, these birds had left their nest.  Sometimes, I feel a little like this, 
that it was only yesterday that I was feeding my babies and now they've all flown far away!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those photos are incredible! Nice work. I remember talking to you on the phone while you were watching this. You had to get off to take these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first photo was pretty cool - right? Now you can see what I was looking at.

      Delete